Starter Crumble 1.5KG
Each chick will consume approx.1.5 kg of chick starter crumble from 1 week to 6 weeks of age. We sell 1.5kg bags of medicated chick starter crumble .You can calculate and order the right amount of food from us to raise your chicks to 6 weeks.
Chick Starter Crumble (Vella Stock Feeds)
Chick Starter has been formulated to suit all breeds of layer chickens from day old to 6 - 7 weeks of age. This is a complete feed and no other supplement is required. Also suitable as a duck starter. Contains a natural herbal coccidiostat.
After 7 weeks poultry can be given Pullet Grower (see below) until the point of lay which is usually 18 - 20 weeks. At the point of lay, hens should be given feed designed for layers like layer pellets, poultry mix, mash, crumble etc
- High Quality Proteins - No urea, all protein in the form of true proteins sources.
- Coccidiostat - Regano, a natural herbal coccidiostat used, no withholding period for meat and or egg consumption.
- Hi Energy - To assist with growth.
- Trace Mineral Premix - To assist in maintaining nutritional balance and chick health.
- Ducks - Suitable as a duck starter.
- Crumble - easier acceptance and intake by chicks.
Typical Analysis: As Fed Dry Matter:
Energy KCAL / kg 2600 2955
Protein (%) 20.00 22.70
Calcium (%) 1.00 1.14
Phosphorus (%) 0.61 0.69
Fibre (%) 6.00 6.82
Fat (%) 5.68 6.45
- A complete crumble (diet) providing all requirements for young chickens.
- Suitable to be fed to all breeds of chickens from day old to 6 - 7 weeks of age.
- The diet should be fed ad-lib to all chickens, no other supplement is required.
- A coccidiostat has been added to assist in the control of coccidiosis.
- Fresh, clean water to be accessible at all times (24 /7).
- To assist young birds in the first few days of life, change feed regularly.
- Feed intake will vary at times, due to climate and general housing of chickens.
- Average consumption from 0 - 6 / 7 weeks of age, approximately 2.0 - 2.5 kg of feed per chicken.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Should i buy chick starter crumble or chick starter mash?
A. Generally speaking, there is no significant difference between the crumble or mash. However our country heritage organic mash does have the added bonus of being organic and non-medicated which some people prefer.